I love to do crafts and have cute handouts and activities for church (and school, and friends, and - well you get the idea). I don't consider myself creative, but often use the help of others' talents. I decided to share what I'm doing for others just like me. It may be a link to where I found something or it might even be something *I* created. Right now I work as a paraprofessional at my kids' elementary - in special ed (autism). I started creating items for my 3rd graders this year and can't wait to share them with you. I am the 1st counselor in YW (first time in YW is this past year). I also have ideas for cub scouts and sunbeams posted, my previous callings.

Saturday, July 6, 2013

I Am Thankful for Trees, Plants, and Flowers (Primary Manual 1, Lesson 10)


Sunbeam Lesson 10:
I Am Thankful for Trees, Plants, and Flowers

Another Lesson about the creation means another page for the creation book.  This page I actually started during the lesson, but I took couple weeks to finish it (the tree took a couple weeks to do in order to wait for the paint to dry):

First paint their fingers and the top of their palm green.  Place it at the bottom of the paper for the grass and stems.  Use their finger to make the flower.  I did the yellow centers first and then the petals.  The picture above has four petals, but it looks better with five petals.  Use the side of their palm and pinky finger and brown paint for the tree.  It will probably take two times ~ one stacked on top of each other.  I put more paint on the side of palm and pinky or just pinky to add branches.  After the branches dried they used their fingertips to add leaves.  They did this part a different week as I was helping another child paint the new page.  When that dried (the next week) we added apples with their finger tips.  Again, the child did that as I worked on the new project.  These would be much easier with two people, but I did them myself.

This one didn't get apples added to it.  You can see the branches better and it has five petals on the flowers.

We also planted flowers in paper cups.  I cut out a piece of paper that is shaped to wrap around the cup.  I let the kids decorate this and then I tape it on. I was going to do two cups, one with flowers and one with tomatoes, but do to time shortage we just did flowers.  I had the dirt in the cup already.  I gave them a few seeds to sprinkle around top and then we added a little more dirt.  We didn't water them in class so it wouldn't be so messy to transport home, but we talked about giving them water and sunlight.  We also sampled a bunch of fruits and veggies.

As I finish the other lessons I will post the links here:
For lesson 15 click here
Cover and Labels click here

2 comments:

  1. We also planted flowers in paper cups. I cut out a piece of paper that is shaped to wrap around the cup...berry plants

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a video!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear your comments. It is great to know that others are reading your blog (to know that your time was well spent) and to know what they think of it. I welcome your ideas, suggestions, comments, questions! Please also consider becoming a follower if you haven't already.